Full-arch dental implants (sometimes called All-on-4 or All-on-6) are a popular, permanent, full mouth, reconstruction treatment. They provide one of the most innovative and comfortable ways to replace missing teeth and they look as good as the originals! These implant-supported dentures eliminate many of the problems of traditional dentures.
What are full-arch dental implants?
Full-arch dental implants use a series of 4 to 6 dental implants to restore an entire arch of missing teeth (upper or lower). Implants are surgically placed in the jaw and, once healed, a set of fixed or removable implant-supported dentures or fixed bridges are positioned. Implants are mostly embedded at a slight angle to secure them to the jawbone. The denture sits almost entirely on the dental implant fixtures, only lightly touching the gums. This artificial tooth and titanium root system look and function like a natural tooth. Implant-supported dentures are the healthiest and most comfortable option for replacing a full-arch of missing teeth, allowing you to chew all your favorite foods and smile with confidence.
What is the difference between full-arch implants and removable dentures?
Traditional dentures have long been the most common treatment option for replacing lost teeth. Although they are a good solution, they can be uncomfortable, sometimes alter speech, must be cleaned daily. They might also look unnatural, at times require messy adhesives and need to be replaced every few years. Full-arch implants provide for an appliance with a more natural look and feel thus allowing normal chewing. Since they are anchored on Dental Implants they don’t shift in the mouth, require no adhesives, don’t interfere with speech, are comfortable and can last a lifetime.
What are the benefits of full-arch dental implants?
There are a number of advantages to full-arch dental implants.
- Stay securely in place: Full-arch dental implants give dentures support so that they stay in place. No slipping, shifting, pinching or irritation.
- Less gum irritation: Staying in place results in less pain and discomfort.
- No messy adhesives are necessary to hold them in place.
- Permanent: Since dental implants can allow fixed bridges to be fixed to your jawbone, they offer a solution that can lasts a lifetime with proper care.
- Protective: Implants slow down the advancement of bone resorption and oral tissue loss.
- Attractive: A full-arch dental implant solution helps uplift your facial structures for a more youthful appearance and creates a flawless smile.
- Restorative: Your ability to chew and taste a full range of foods, from steak to a big unsliced apple, will be restored with full-arch dental implants.
- Meaningful: You’ll regain your ability to speak, smile, laugh, and socialize with confidence with fully anchored implant dentures or fixed bridges
- Brush your teeth normally: With implant-supported dentures, you brush your teeth in the usual way, rather than removing your dentures to brush and soak them.
- Jawbone growth: Implant-supported dentures stimulate healthy jawbone growth, preventing teeth from shifting, skin from sagging and any premature wrinkles from forming.
- Faster healing: Less time in the chair and less time healing are also benefits of full-arch restorations.
- Long Lasting. With proper care and maintenance Dental Implants can last a lifetime.
- Success rate: Dental implant surgery is successful 98% of the time.
If you are missing a full set of teeth (upper or lower) you may benefit from full-arch implant-supported dentures. To determine whether you are a good candidate for this denture solution, schedule a consultation with your denturist. They’ll conduct a thorough evaluation to determine whether an implant-supported solution is right for you, or whether you may benefit from another restorative solution.
Interested in a full-arch dental implant? Wondering if this solution is right for you? South Calgary Denture and Implant Clinic is here to help. We enhance your oral health, aesthetics and way of life. We deliver the best possible treatment after taking the time and care to understand your needs. Our commitment to you is to provide a fast, efficient, and courteous service, with direct billing offered to most insurance providers. We love what we do. It’s who we are! Call us to schedule an appointment.